Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 16, 2014
europe
Whats the problem with airpofs nowadays?? Daily have to be paired because loosing connection? What the f*** apple?

southerndoc

Contributor
May 15, 2006
USA
You must have a bad pair. I never have to pair mine. The only issue I have is when switching from iMac/MacBook to iPhone pairing. It takes a little bit of effort to get the iPhone to recognize it, but it's probably user error TBH.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 16, 2014
europe
You must have a bad pair. I never have to pair mine. The only issue I have is when switching from iMac/MacBook to iPhone pairing. It takes a little bit of effort to get the iPhone to recognize it, but it's probably user error TBH.

yeah im sure it is an user error, worked proberly from the beginning when released (1st gen). now suddenly with a new ios they act badly - user error for sure, but from a coder perspective not from a customer.

thank god now after few repairing, they dont loose connectivity all the time, but acting wierd when switching devices.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
My first gen are acting up too. I’ll be playing music and after a while the music will stop and they disconnect.

I have to take them out and put them back on. But after they reconnect the pause/play function stops working when I take one out and/or the double tap to skip stops working.

Don’t know if it’s cause they’re “old” or just bugs. ??‍♂️

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010
My first gen are suddenly acting up as well. Just updated to 13.4 so we’ll see if that helps.

Reactions: EM2013

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
After the last iOS update, my Air Pods are dropping in the Phone app. I can connect them and hear music from the Music app, but as soon as I switch to the Phone app, my Air Pods are dropped. I can reconnect them, but they drop again. They are charged up to at least 80%.

Oh, the damn things just dropped on their own, without being in the Phone app! They were connected for about a minute, and then *POOF* 'Not Connected'. They will become 'Connected', but then just drop. Oh, now the drop is quicker.

Annoying to say the least. GRRR...

EDIT: Even though they weren't connected, I got the tones as the iPhone turned off. Strange...

So, 'Forgot' them, turned off the iPhone. Restarted iPhone, opened Bluetooth and 'repaired' the Air Pods. 'Connected', then 'Not Connected'. So I tap them, and they 'Connected' again, and then dropped. So now I 'Connected' them again, and started the Music app. HAH!, so far I'm over 2 minutes into a song, and not dropped. This is stupidly bizarre.

So, to recap: Air Pods that connected fine before the update, now refuse to stay connected, as first observed in the Phone app. They also drop when connected from the Settings Bluetooth menu, but now will stay connected int he Music app. I just exited the Music app, and they haven't dropped yet. Odd. Longest time they haven't dropped yet, outside of the Music app. Hmm, so far it hasn't dropped the Phone app Bluetooth connection. Weird... Over 2 minutes into the call, and they haven't dropped. Weird... I'm just waiting for them to drop now.

So, going into the Music app 'fixes' the connection? That just doesn't make any sense... 4 minutes in, and still connected. Hmm...

9 minutes into the call, and no drop.

People: Try using the Music app and see if they will stay connected int hat app, and if they do, perhaps the other apps will work too. Bizarre. Breathtaking...

Last edited:

southerndoc

Contributor
May 15, 2006
USA
yeah im sure it is an user error, worked proberly from the beginning when released (1st gen). now suddenly with a new ios they act badly - user error for sure, but from a coder perspective not from a customer.

thank god now after few repairing, they dont loose connectivity all the time, but acting wierd when switching devices.

I was saying it was my user error, not yours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.