Airpods don't always respond when plugged into ear?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by enigma2k, Mar 17, 2017.

1. enigma2k macrumors regular

Hello,

I have a problem that sometimes the Airpods don't turn off when a put them into my ear and it takes quite some time till I hear this "activiation" sound. Also when I'm listening to music, sometimes the music don't pause when I remove one airpod.

Is this something anybody else is experiencing?

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Those are not completely abnormal things what you're talking about. The activation sound is when the AirPods can sense that their positioned properly inside your ear. Also I have had that happen where the music does not pause sometimes when you remove one Airpod, but it's not often that it happens.

3. tomaustin44 macrumors regular

Yes, I have similar problems. Very hit and miss as to whether they connect and I hear the 'bong' sound... often have to manually connect which is really annoying.

4. Ralfi macrumors 6502a

Ralfi

Sometimes the sound doesn't work, yet they still connect for me. Happens maybe 1/8 times.

If they're not connecting, make sure your last used device wasn't something other than your phone. If it was your iPad say, then it'll automatically connect to that device, not your phone.

You need to connect manually to each new device, but once you do, then it'll do it automatically, until you want to switch back to another device.