Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
Got my pair of AirPods today after having wanting them after my kid already has had them for like 1 month now. I like the idea my son could fall asleep with the AirPods on w/o worrying about crushing a pair of over-ear devices, very fitty in the ear...

I decided to take the dive and got me a pair today. I noticed they don’t have much bass on songs that are supposed to be bass. I have had in the past beats solo3, and BoseQC 35 both wireless headset devices and they sound so much different. I know I shouldn’t compare such a high quality set of high end headset devices with the AirPods.

On the other hand I like the AirPods so their simplicity, their futuristic look, packing of technology in such a small dental floss looking box, but I only wish they had more base, perhaps on their next generation they’ll make up for this.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
I agree with both sentiments. They are the most convenient headphones/pods I've ever owned and wouldn't trade them for the world. But they aren't great when its time for me to rock out or listen to music or audio in loud places.

I get better results when I press them into my ears but they slide out over time.

I keep them around all the time to use in case of a phone call or when I just need one pod or when I'm in a quiet place. Normally, I use a pair of Beats Solos.

Reactions: chestvrg

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
It is my main dislike about the AirPods. I love them but they do not seal my ear canal which decreases sound quality and allows ambient sounds to interfere. I use them amply when out in public so you can still interact with the real world. My favorites are Bose QC2 which makes even my commercial mower quite while saving what hearing I have left.

One size will not fit everyone’s ears.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
Thank you everyone for your own feedback on AirPods and the video hack posted.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
They are the most convenient headphones/pods I've ever owned and wouldn't trade them for the world. But they aren't great when its time for me to rock out or listen to music or audio in loud places.

I love them so far as well. On the bed I can twist/turn on top of pillow without worrying about crushing them.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
They are earbuds, keep that in mind, so there is only so much that can be done due to physical limitations on a small device. They can sound reasonable but it's unfair to compare them to proper headphones.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
They are earbuds, keep that in mind, so there is only so much that can be done due to physical limitations on a small device. They can sound reasonable but it's unfair to compare them to proper headphones.

Yes I know it was never my intention to compare them to the bigger headset devices.

dubvulture

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2015
I've been using these since I got my AirPods and I love them. They make the AirPods sound better (more bass) and fit snugger. Only downside is you have to remove them to put the pods back in the case, but I got used to that pretty quickly.

Attachments

• Image 11-25-18 at 1.49 PM.jpg
    Image 11-25-18 at 1.49 PM.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 213
Reactions: chestvrg

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
I was actually pleasantly surprised with the bass, especially considering they are no standard in-ears. I also thought they sounded much better than standard EarPods, still think so after a year of use.

But yeah, they're open back meaning they don't have sound isolation. I love using them at home or work, but train/bus is just unusable most of the time (rush hour, very crowded). I'm getting the Shure SE215 bluetooth Monday, quite excited :cool:

Reactions: chestvrg and chabig

venom600

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
If you care about sound quality and still want the wireless design you should probably take a look at other brands. I know that Sony makes some that are more bass friendly and seal the ear canal better.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
If they fit properly, & you have decent hearing, you’ll notice the difference.

The fit is so important. So many false impressions out there, misleading others.
This exactly. To me they sound better than the standard earpods and fit more snug because no more cords. 2 years in and I still love them every single day. Coolest accessory Apple has made in a long time. Which is why they dont care about selling a few less iphones, the have hundreds of millions of airpods to try and sell to people. Everyone I know who has them loves them. I see them more and more regularly too in public.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.