AirPods in cities - should I expect perfection?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ch02ce, Sep 25, 2017.

1. ch02ce macrumors member

Had my pair for about 3 weeks now, and notice periodic stuttering when I wear them. Over the course of my 30 min commute (walking and subway), maybe like 10 little stutters will occur. But since I’m commuting in Hong Kong, surrounded by hundreds of Bluetooth devices at any given time, I’m wondering if there’s something wrong with my AirPods, or this is just kind of normal given all the interference that comes with my surroundings.

What’s been the experience of others in high density areas? Should they be perfect? Or something wrong with mine you think?

Hardware wise, was using a 5s, now on to an 8, still occurs with both phones.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

There's no such thing as perfection when it comes to electronics. Given your surroundings and the amount of radio signals, it could easily just be interference. My AirPods perform as they should all the time, but being they are isignal related communicating with iPhone, issues can arise.

3. MMan5797 macrumors member

I have he same issue and have tried everything Apple could think of to no avail, so I think the answer is it just happens

4. alee macrumors 6502

There’s only so much room in the Bluetooth spectrum. I can almost guarantee stutters at certain intersections here in NYC.

5. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

Same here in London at really busy junctions in the street.

6. LloydChiro macrumors newbie

LloydChiro

Can confirm. I get occasional stuttering in downtown San Francisco.