Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
I'm thinking about purchasing them but the price is expensive. I wanted to know how long the battery typically lasts on these pair of headphones? I know you can get the battery replaced through Apple for $80. I want to be able to use them for at least 10+ years.

Also, does anyone heard or know when Apple will release the Airpod Max 2? I'm willing to wait and hopefully the price on these will come down. $250 would be a much more reasonable price, but definitely not worth it's current price tag of $550.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
You can get them for $480 on Amazon. Totally worth it, imo. Why would they charge the same price for their flagship AirPods as they do their mid-tier ones (AirPods Pros)? That wouldn't make any sense. Anyway, been using mine for about 1.5 years and thoroughly enjoy them. But even if the battery went bad a few years down the road, $80 is a small price to pay in comparison to buying a brand new pair. The ANC is fantastic on these, imo, and contrary to what others say, I find them to be very comfortable (can wear them for multiple hours in a row) and not too heavy. I also get great battery life out of them.

Try looking for a used pair if money is a concern.

ondioline

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2020
I've had mine since they released. I use it for about 6-9 hours a day usually, it's usually down to around 50% by then. The 20 hour figure is pretty accurate.

I haven't noticed any battery degradation so far.

I don't use the noise cancelling at all though, and I very rarely use the microphone.

Student of Life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
I'm thinking about purchasing them but the price is expensive. I wanted to know how long the battery typically lasts on these pair of headphones? I know you can get the battery replaced through Apple for $80. I want to be able to use them for at least 10+ years.

Also, does anyone heard or know when Apple will release the Airpod Max 2? I'm willing to wait and hopefully the price on these will come down. $250 would be a much more reasonable price, but definitely not worth it's current price tag of $550.
They are currently on sale for 450 in BestBuy. I too am a little reluctant on the price but at the most it might go down to 400 and thats pushing it, the 250 number is not in any way realistic or reasonable. Remember the old beats apple is selling are going for 350 and they are 3 years old ( Beats Studio^3)

Cancelled
Jul 5, 2022
I've had mine for 14 months and still find the battery life to hit that claimed ~20 hour mark. I am also hoping to keep mine for a long period of time. :)

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
I was honestly expecting more battery life from the Max.

After i was disappointed with the pro cos they didn’t stay in my ear i tried the cheapest Sony on ear Wh-ch510 for €40.

And this is the product with just the best battery i bought in my life. I last charged it 11 weeks ago in mid February and just yesterday they went empty :oops:
I was even making fun with my wife cos it tells you each time when u switch it on the charge status: „battery fully charged“ for weeks:)

Yes i didn’t use it every day. And Don’t know how many hours in total but compared to my other headphones, computer and iphone This thing is just amazing. Its more in the range of a kindle ereader.

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
i have the airpods pro gen 2 and im on the fence about airpods max due to the price of them

Hatshepsut

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2009
Well I pulled the trigger on a silver APM. The APP are good for daily use but I need something for long flights now that my Beats Studio are dying. I'm a little worried about standby battery life, but based on the comments it seems like they should last a standard transatlantic flight if they haven't been sitting idle for a long time before that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.