• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

One day after their official launch, AirPods Max have now become available in select Apple Stores for same-day pickup in several European countries, including France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.

airpods-max-uk-pickup.jpg

AirPods Max are currently available for pickup in some stores in Space Gray and Silver, but other colors remain largely unavailable with some exceptions. In-store pickup options are available either today or tomorrow in most major stores.

For those interested, many stores also have the optional Lightning to 3.5mm audio cable in stock in both black and white colors.

To initiate the pickup process, add the AirPods Max to your cart on Apple.com and select the "I'll pick it up" option during checkout. Next, select a pickup date and a 15-minute check-in window, enter your personal information, and complete payment online. Make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID with you to your appointment, and remember that health precautions such as face coverings and temperature checks are currently in effect.

AirPods Max are Apple's new premium over-ear headphones, featuring active noise cancellation, spatial audio, adaptive EQ, and more. Priced at $549, the headphones are designed with memory foam ear cushions, a stainless steel frame, and a mesh headband. Like the Apple Watch, the AirPods Max have a Digital Crown for volume control and Siri, and there's an Apple-designed H1 chip in each ear cup for instant pairing with Apple devices.

The pickup option has yet to go live in some European countries, and inventory will likely fluctuate, so act fast if interested. AirPods Max still face a lengthy 12-14 week delivery estimate for online orders.

Article Link: AirPods Max Now Available for Same-Day Pickup at Apple Stores in Some European Countries Including France, Italy, Spain, and UK

Last edited:

RPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
Well they went fast. Already sold out in the 12 stores closest to me (all the London and out as far as Basingstoke, whhc shows in stock in the screen grab for the article).

Comment

djcerla

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2015
Italy
Tempting, for DJ use* as well. Anyone know if there’s latency when used with a cable?

*at the end of Covid-tunnel

Comment

jacjustjac

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
New York, NY
It feels like Apple doesn’t think these will sell well initially. It’s more of a status icon, to make a future lighter ‘AirPods Max Sport’ seem cheaper and more value at ~$350. I preordered and then cancelled a “March delivery” AirPods Max yesterday after I realized what I could get for $550... like a new iPad. Clearly people who buy the AirPods Max right now already have the latest and greatest Mac devices. I have an iPhone 12 Pro and a 2019 MacBook Pro, but I also still rock a series 3 Stainless Steel Apple Watch, and I just recently gave my 9.7” iPad Pro to a family member for reading their school textbooks. I’d get so much more from a new-used iPad Pro 11” and even a SS Apple Watch series 6 than I would by spending $550 to replace my Bose QC35s with something much nicer.
But the hype of the AirPods Max really makes me *want* to. I don’t have a HomePod, because I live in a small apartment with thin walls, and I love listening to music on the go. If Apple or Spotify released a HiFi music service with special audio, I’d have to buy AirPods Max. Same if they released a lighter sporty version for $200 less. It’s just that right now it seems even Apple doesn’t expect a ton of people to afford its current state. Hence why they are making them very slowly.

Reactions: jpaterson69
Comment

The Game 161

macrumors Penryn
Dec 15, 2010
UK
there is certainly a market for these but will be a small one I imagine. the fact these are to be used for really in doors and travelling makes it a hard sell as I know a lot use these type of headphones for working out but obviously this isn't what they should be used for

Comment

hellosil

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2013
No same day pickup in The Netherlands.
Currently all non-essential stores are closed because of a COVID-19 lockdown.

€629 will get you free shipping though, delivery in 3-4 months. Awesome.

Attachments

• netherlands-airpods-max-store-pickup2.png
    netherlands-airpods-max-store-pickup2.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: jpaterson69
Comment

The Game 161

macrumors Penryn
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Same exact words were written for $199 AirPods. Or $1000 phones.

Cmon this is rather different to that. £550 is a lot of money certainly when there is similar sound (going by reviewers)for £200-£300 less

They are more Convenient due to talking to your devices more than others but still

If they bring out a 350 sport version then that would be different

Comment

hellosil

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2013
Who else can’t wait for not buying it?
Me me me! :D
They included a nice purse though, lol.
Man they screwed that up.

I was really looking forward to upgrade from my Beats Studio 3, but nevermind.

Comment

walstib

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2007
Carpinteria, California
I snoozed on ordering when these were first released, then the shipping date quickly slipped to March.

Yesterday, I checked the Apple site almost hourly for pickup availability at my local store, Spokane, Washington.

I hit the jackpot about 11 p.m., when it said available Wednesday for pickup. I bought them immediately.

They must have had very few, because when I checked again later none were available.

I’m glad I didn’t wait for that shipping-in-March none sense.

Comment

windywalks

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2004
Somehow I think Apple has stock limited to Apple Stores only and very few at that. Retailers gradually are taking down any mention of them from their websites.
Well, guess I'll have to wait until March then.

Comment

dannys1

macrumors 68030
Sep 19, 2007
UK
Cmon this is rather different to that. £550 is a lot of money certainly when there is similar sound (going by reviewers)for £200-£300 less

But there's a "similar" experience in Android phones for £200-£300 less.

You could spend £700 on BeoPlay headphones and say "but I could get a similar experience with AirPox Max for £200 less" too.

Reactions: AnthonyHarris
Comment

skyenet

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012
Near Glasgow - Scotland
Had a pair on order for Jan 14 delivery and Apple yesterday told my friend (with delivery date of 6th Jan) that there were no stocks at all in any UK stores. So we thought it would be ages before there was stock. He phoned me at 7am this morning saying he had reserved a pair in Glasgow, Straight on to the Apple Store app on my phone and managed to reserve a pair with pickup at 10:30am. The Apple guy on the door had tried to get a pair this morning and missed out when he failed to confirm his order in the App. Got them in space grey and delighted with them. Very comfortable and the sound is great. Watched some Apple TV videos using spatial audio and was very impressed with the immersion. Noise cancelling and especially passthrough is amazing. Never experienced anything like it on headphones/earphones before. Expensive yes, but premium quality. Don't like the case though. Bought a Lightening to 3.5 audio cable and it feels very very cheap and nasty. Very thin cable, not sure how it will hold up, though don't expect to use it that much. Nice change to get an Apple cable in black though LOL

Comment

ExxonVS

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2020
Hey guys,

what do you think, is it possible that the production gets boosted, so the 12-14 weeks waiting time would be reduced? I've ordered it, estimated delivery March 18 - Apr 1... 🥶

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.