AirPods ok for a hot sunny beach holiday?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MrMister111, Jul 21, 2017.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

I don't think AirPods are officially sweatproof but wondering how they will cope on a hot sunny beach holiday?

As they are so convenient, wireless, small, I'm wondering wether to take on holiday to a very hot sunny climate for lazing around the pool and beach.

What I'm worried about is the heat on them and the sweat. I know they are not waterproof so I'll keep away from the pool, hopefully remember not to jump on with them on!

Anyone used them in a hot sunny beach environment. I have some beats wireless, but they are bigger and think they'll be worse for sweat with covering ears etc.

Thanks

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

The AirPods are not water resistant. But I have used him plenty of times in warm environments and had no issues. I would just make sure if you're not using them, to keep the battery case and the AirPods out of direct sunlight. Otherwise, I have had no issues.

3. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

The amount of sweat they have been subjected to on my runs here in 90+ degree super humid Brooklyn is horrible to imagine! They will be fine. I don't think any amount of sweat could damage them.

4. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

Great to know. Think I'll take them and just be careful as not only expensive but hard to get still!!

I'll keep battery case out of direct sunlight as you say rather than just a case it does have a battery so don't take kindly to direct heat!

Also much much easier to carry than my Beats! and I think more comfy as they still seem to "crush" my head/ears.

Just hope they are load enough to hear a busy poolside whilst I watch a movie..... The struggles

5. Ralfi macrumors 68000

Ralfi

Sand could be more of an issue. If you're careful though, you should be right.

6. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

i run with them and i sweat like a fat hambeast. They will be fine

7. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

is a killer for most, items not to take anything to beach because of this

ha ha! Thanks for testing