Airpods on an AIRPLANE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chfilm, Sep 8, 2016.

1. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

Hey guys,

someone mentioned it in another discussion.. and since that moment I can't stop to wonder - what's the solution if you relay solely on BT headphones with the new iPhone...and then you get on an airplane? Can't listen to music anymore!?
    How silly is that?

Almost as weird as Phil Schillers "dock" response to the guy who asked about charging while listening to music... does he expect everyone to have thee pairs of headphones now? One wireless, one with lightning ONLY for the moments when you have to use airplane mode (cause they won't work on any of your macs because no mac has a lightning port...) AND one with a 3.5 Audio jack for that dock?!

2. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

but you can use bluetooth on a plane.

turn off cellular then you can turn on bluetooth and wifi. many planes in the us at least have wifi service. bluetooth on a plane is no issue, same with wifi.

3. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

It comes with wired headphones with a lightning connection. The adapter is for older headphones or third parties that don't have a lightning connection option.

4. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Just turn on airplane mode then turn on Bluetooth and use them normally.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I don't fly often, but I think the wireless restriction has been lifted for some time. They even stopped telling people to turn electronics off. They basically just want you to have airplane mode on, and I even question the necessity of that.

6. chfilm thread starter macrumors 65816

chfilm

Well the last few times I've been flying this year they always asked to switch phones into airplane mode. Not sure if it's cool to turn Bluetooth on, but probably...

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Pretty sure several people already answered that.

8. rawlus macrumors regular

Have been using Bluetooth earbuds for a long time now while flying. You don't miss the endlessly tangled cord or the stupid cord wrap/carriers after about a day with wireless....

9. 8692574 Suspended

If turning on Airplane mode lets you enable Bluetotth (and yes it does) I think it should answer your question.

If bluetooth and wifi were not allowed at all you would not have the option once you switch the airplane mode on.

10. chfilm thread starter macrumors 65816

chfilm

Ok guys, thanks for clarifying this for me! :)
    Ordered the 7 Jet black now.
    I hope someone makes in ear "airpod" styled headphones soon, with rubber so they won't fall out!