AirPods performance on Mac's

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Hitrate, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Hitrate macrumors 6502

Hitrate

Howdy Y'all,

I'm the lucky owner of a pair of AirPods (Registered Trademark) and they obviously work great on something like the iPhone 6S. I also have a early 2011 15" MacBook Pro that I just hooked them up to. To my surprise, although quality and reception is fine if I'm sitting right smack in front of the mac, facing it, BUT if I turn my head to look to the side either way or look to the back, the sound cuts out. So it's very very sensitive to head position on this old device. That leads me to this post: Let's have some real world test resulsts and experiences from users, so buyers can "be aware" and get hardware that works with it to their satisfaction. Personally I'm looking to upgrade my mac within the next months, still undecided on which (Mac Pro trash or tower, 15" 2015 MBP or 2017/18 model...) if I decided to go even older, (but newer than the 2011) I'd wanna know if the 2012 15" MBP or newer has the same issues..

2. TopShelf macrumors member

I have a 2017 Macbook pro and have no issues with the Airpods.
    Range is solid (if you are listening to music and leave the room) and no sound quality drops when moving

3. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

4. istopdrop17 macrumors newbie

istopdrop17

I love my airpods, and I use them on all devices. Had no issues thus far.

5. Hitrate thread starter macrumors 6502

Hitrate

Ya I love mine too...Will report back after more testing but again this was with a early 2011 15" macbook pro sitting right in front of it..