Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's AirPods Pro 2 with USB-C/MagSafe Charging Case are on sale for $189.99 today on Amazon, down from $249.00. This is a match of the all-time low price on the AirPods Pro 2, and free delivery is available as soon as this Wednesday, March 13.

Airpods-Pro-2-Discount-Feature-Blue-Triad.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

There are a few minor changes to the AirPods Pro 2 besides the addition of USB-C, including additional dust resistance and support for lossless audio with the Vision Pro headset.

In terms of AirPods discounts on Amazon, the only other notable sale is on the AirPods 2 at $99.00, down from $129.00, which is a second-best price on the earbuds. Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: AirPods Pro 2 With USB-C Drop to Record Low $189.99 Price

Belle Pomme

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2020
I'm afraid these deals are not as alluring to me as they used to be. I still like my Apple devices, but mainly for the ecosystem. As for hardware and software, I am having more trouble than ever. My iPhone 15 Max is a disappointment, being so laggy with unresponsive screen. My Airpod Pros can't seem to find the right device to connect to and switch in the middle of a call. Safari is :too secure: in that it won't open many web pages. I am using MS Edge more than ever. Music app just does not measure up to Spotify in usability and features. Same with Podcast app. My phone does not work 50% of the time with Apple Pay at a touch terminal. Have to use my Watch. Two keys on my relatively new (but out of warranty) MacBook Air do not respond with every key press. The bright spot for me is my iPad Pro, which is wonderful for notes, reading, and browsing.

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
I got them due to this price honestly. Not impressed with the audio quality BUT the features are insane. Just had an entire conversation an hour ago with my coworkers with them on, and the transparency/conversation detection features are honestly killer.

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
I feel like the MSRP should always have been $200, so the discount is really $10.

Paying $250 for these is just agreeing to paying more than the fair market value IMO.

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
I got them due to this price honestly. Not impressed with the audio quality BUT the features are insane. Just had an entire conversation an hour ago with my coworkers with them on, and the transparency/conversation detection features are honestly killer.
Yeah - I broke and got them on sale too. Nothing wrong with my 'old' AirPods Pro, but the new features were appealing along with a USB-C case to go with the iPhone 15 Pro Max. I'm almost lightning free except for AirPods Max and my Magic Keyboard.

Same overall experience as you though. The ANC mode or whatever it's called is really good. I use it on my motorcycle as ear protection too and they seem great for that too.

munpip214

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Well if you are going to include the .99 at the end then that isn’t the best price 😉. It had dropped to $189.00 before.

Also, Verizon has them BOGO50 right now, which saves a couple bucks, but you have to get two. But you can mix and match other AirPods. 🤷🏼‍♂️

With prime visa you get 5% back so Amazon is a better deal

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA

johnnygee

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2013
Earth
I'm afraid these deals are not as alluring to me as they used to be. I still like my Apple devices, but mainly for the ecosystem. As for hardware and software, I am having more trouble than ever. My iPhone 15 Max is a disappointment, being so laggy with unresponsive screen. My Airpod Pros can't seem to find the right device to connect to and switch in the middle of a call. Safari is :too secure: in that it won't open many web pages. I am using MS Edge more than ever. Music app just does not measure up to Spotify in usability and features. Same with Podcast app. My phone does not work 50% of the time with Apple Pay at a touch terminal. Have to use my Watch. Two keys on my relatively new (but out of warranty) MacBook Air do not respond with every key press. The bright spot for me is my iPad Pro, which is wonderful for notes, reading, and browsing.
Fortunately, I'm not suffering any of these problems with my MacBook Air M1, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPad mini and Apple Watch Series 7.

johnnygee

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2013
Earth
Just got these last week. I also own a pair of Bose QC Earbuds II. I prefer the AirPods 2 to the Bose by a slight margin.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Can get the AirPods Pro 2 at around these prices at other times also. Will be nice if it is permanently priced at $199 instead of $249

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.