Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today is back with an all-time low price on the AirPods Pro 2 with USB-C Charging Case, available for $189.00, down from $249.00. These are available for free delivery on Amazon as soon as Monday, March 4, and you won't need any coupon code to see this deal.

Airpods-Pro-2-Discount-Feature-Warm-Green.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The last time we tracked this discount was about two weeks ago, and right now it's the only AirPods model with an all-time low price on Amazon. There are still some solid second-best options on AirPods 2 ($99.00), AirPods 3 ($149.99), and AirPods Max ($479.99).

The AirPods Pro 2 with USB-C feature a new USB-C port as well as improved dust resistance and 20-bit 48kHz lossless audio when paired with the Apple Vision Pro. Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Update: Amazon raised the price on these AirPods to $199, which is still a solid second-best price.

Article Link: AirPods Pro 2 With USB-C Return to Best-Ever $189 Price on Amazon [Updated]

Last edited:

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
I bought it at this price a while back. It's a good deal, relatively speaking. If you are on the fence, skip the non-pro and get this one instead. It's worth it for the extra features if you are going to keep it for a few years.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
If you are on the fence, skip the non-pro and get this one instead

Unless you are buying the non-pro specfiically because it's not an earplug type form factor

I use both APP and normal AirPods 1/2 for this reason. Different contexts.

On walks and at the gym I'm always on AP2's for the open design that lets in ambient surrounding noise for awareness.

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
Yep! Much better microphone, same sound quality, and more reliable (automatic) switching between devices. Of course no noise cancellation and they are wired so I can’t be active with them, but the positives outweigh the cons for me.
That is low key undervalued device since many reviews say they quietly upgraded speakers in them - so basically best sounding headphones for dirt cheap if one doesn’t mind wires. Wires make it even better for zoom calls versus any other expensive wireless apple headphones.

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
I just bagged a set of these during the last discount that was offered. Nothing wrong with my AirPods Pro V1 other than I couldn't find them and needed to go on a trip.

Overall a worthy upgrade. But if your AirPods Pro are working fine, then not essential. Things I like are:
  • They say 2x better noise canceling. I say it's definitely better, but it's not dramatically different. I wonder how they quantify it?
  • USB-C - so much more convenient when traveling with an iPhone 15 Pro Max
  • I love the adaptive transparency mode. Really great on my motorcycle instead of earplugs.
  • Slightly improved sound quality - especially the low end bass frequencies. Probably just placebo effect. :p
  • Really nice to have the speaker integrated into the case.

AirPods Pro are truly one of the best products that Apple makes.

imola.zhp

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2010
Mud Island (Memphis), TN
Tempting, the Costco deal is even better.

EDIt: Slept on it, and ordered from Costco. Someone just got $100 for some well-used AirPods Pro (OG) on eBay. I figure I'll start there, after eBay gets its cut maybe I'll have $70 back from my OG's.

Last edited:

SwissCanuck81

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2020
I picked them up about 2 weeks ago for $199 at Wally Mart when I was in the states. Had to jump through an absurd hoop of ordering online and then "pickup" to get the price (the lady at the counter couldn't give them to me for that price, much cheaper to print out a label and seal them in a bag and get separate staff to bring them to my car LOL!) but eventually I walked away with them for that price.

Worked great when my sister and I decided to conf call the family; we had one each and worked perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.