Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's AirPods Pro are normally priced at $249, but for those looking for a deal, Amazon has them at the discounted price of $235.

That's a savings of $14, which isn't much, but it's better than full price. This deal could go quickly, and the last time it was available, Amazon only discounted the AirPods Pro for a few hours.

airpodsprodesigncase-800x682.jpg

Amazon says that the AirPods Pro have an extended delivery time due to shipping restrictions, with orders expected to arrive sometime next week.

We're not expecting to see prices much lower than this on the upcoming Black Friday shopping holiday due to the fact that the AirPods Pro are newly released.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: AirPods Pro Available From Amazon for $235

Reactions: Justin Cymbal

Justin Cymbal

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2008
Boston, Massachusetts
I changed my mind and decided that I should purchase a pair of these so I just placed my order from Amazon, this is an excellent price considering Apple is still backordered..

I take the bus and subway a lot and these would be great to block out all of the noise. My local transit system, MBTA, doesn't put enough money into the system and the buses brakes are completely worn out. It would be awesome to use these to block out that sound of the bus slamming on the brakes or the screeching of the subway... lol

Also, I'm a huge Bruins fan and it's so loud going to the game, I could use these to block out the loud cheering and listen to the Bruins radio at the same time so I know what's going on sitting higher up in the bleachers watching the game...

Very excited to get these in the mail, estimated delivery date is Thursday! :)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I’m actually surprised Amazon was able to get their hands on the AirPods so quickly, especially with the constraint right now, they’re not even available in my area. But hey, it’s a savings, even if it’s $14.

Last edited:

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
I didn’t mind paying the full price since I could at least use them that day of. My city keeps getting restock of it so I’m surprised it’s having stock issues in other places.

joelhinch

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2012
If anyone wants a pair and is travelling to Aus they’re in stock everywhere here hahaha. Since Apple priced themselves out of the market here. $399. $249 USD is $360 so I can understand $349 or even $369. But $399 is crazy for disposable earphones.

Eric.chen3742

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2018
If anyone wants a pair and is travelling to Aus they’re in stock everywhere here hahaha. Since Apple priced themselves out of the market here. $399. $249 USD is $360 so I can understand $349 or even $369. But $399 is crazy for disposable earphones.

that sounds like a bargain to me. Your subtotal is lower than the us price without discounts.

CHA05 R31GN5

Suspended
Oct 31, 2019
United States
These should have started at $200 with price drops to the GEN1 & GEN2 to somewhere in the $100-140 range. LOL, "Pro". But, it's the holiday shopping season in the US and maybe similar in other countries. Not going to miss the chance of selling at these prices. I'll predict an even greater drop in the APP price by Spring, Apr-May 2020.

bookcase

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Boston, MA
About an hour before this deal went live, I got the shipping notice from Amazon at the full price and they refuse to match the lower price, so I'll be sending them back. In the meantime, I chatted with a Target rep who matched the price and I'll get the extra 5% Red Card discount.

blcamp

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Costco also has them listed at $235 (though currently out of stock). And with their amazing return policy, that’s the way to go if you’re a member.

I ordered mine from Costco a week ago today, and was told they will ship this coming Monday (11/18). A bit disappointing as the app and website state 3-5 business days. But it's a deal that I'll take; it's roughly equal to the amount of sales taxes my home state of Michigan charges.

Slash787

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2019
These are the AirPods which I always wanted, I hope they release in Black by march.

jayb3

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2015
About an hour before this deal went live, I got the shipping notice from Amazon at the full price and they refuse to match the lower price, so I'll be sending them back. In the meantime, I chatted with a Target rep who matched the price and I'll get the extra 5% Red Card discount.
Exact same thing happened to me. Amazon refused to match their OWN price...so stupid. Ok, so you don't want my money, fine. I cancelled the order.

Reactions: MareLuce

votdfak

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
But they are amazing! I’ve never had AirPods before and the Pros are the best earphones I’ve ever had.

Which part is amazing? Sound is definitely not, if it was just for the sound they would be crap like original ones. It's all about convenience, but some of that convenience factor was/is lost with pros. Any outside cold weather scenario is a downgrade with new control system.

It's like the thing with notch and status bar on iPhone. Status bar is crap from X above.

grobik

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2006
Has anyone that ordered these in this batch get a shipping update yet? So far Amazon has my money and is telling me by Sunday. But they have not shipped yet.

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
Unsurprising, shipping went from weeks to 1-3 months...
Yup. I went ahead and ordered a pair hoping for a December 10-16 delivery window, rather than as late as January 23rd. But if I don't get them during that window, I will cancel the order, and probably get the AirPod 2s instead for my holiday travels. Or if I find as good a deal elsewhere in the meantime, I'll cancel and take that instead.

Silly to offer such late delivery windows for a mere $15 discount over retail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.