Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iggi123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2019
so I washed my AirPods 2 in the washer, and ofcourse the stopped working. Bought AirPod pros as replacement, but now I will be returning them and getting another pair of AirPods 2. Anyone else has this problem? My ears are sore after just fifteen minutes of use, they also fall out and I have to readjust them. Tried all tip sizes, but nothing works. Also silicone gets uncomfortably warm and slowly slides out the AirPods Pro.

Trying to see if anyone else encounter this? Comfort by far trumps all other aspects for me.

Kind of sucks to Be buying AirPods 2 again, but the fit perfectly, less bulky and seem to weigh a lot less.

Also do we have any information on AirPods 3 release?

Thanks

Reactions: Caseyatbat

TimothyL

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2019
It took me a few weeks to start liking my pros and now I love them but they’re not for everybody. Some people can’t wear them at all because of pain but they’re perfect for me

Reactions: ScreenSavers

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
so I washed my AirPods 2 in the washer, and ofcourse the stopped working.
? Why did you do this??

My ears are sore after just fifteen minutes of use, they also fall out and I have to readjust them. Tried all tip sizes, but nothing works. Also silicone gets uncomfortably warm and slowly slides out the AirPods Pro.

I had similar experiences. Although the ‘pain’ I had was minor, similar to when I first used the original AirPods...I put it down to my ears‘ cartilage adjusting to the shape & extended use of the buds. I quickly got used to it though.

Also had the gradual slippage. Finding the right sized tip, twisting as I inserted them to make sure they were sitting in properly & wiping away skin oils after every use fixed this.

But some people just can’t get them to fit unfortunately. They can’t make them fit in everyone’s ears...

MPclk2006

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
Texas
so I washed my AirPods 2 in the washer, and ofcourse the stopped working. Bought AirPod pros as replacement, but now I will be returning them and getting another pair of AirPods 2. Anyone else has this problem? My ears are sore after just fifteen minutes of use, they also fall out and I have to readjust them. Tried all tip sizes, but nothing works. Also silicone gets uncomfortably warm and slowly slides out the AirPods Pro.

Trying to see if anyone else encounter this? Comfort by far trumps all other aspects for me.

Kind of sucks to Be buying AirPods 2 again, but the fit perfectly, less bulky and seem to weigh a lot less.

Thanks

I just got the Pros about a week ago and I love them. I had the original version before and I always felt like they would fall out and felt uncomfortable. I then moved on to over the ear (or on the ear) Beats solo but they also hurt my ears when wearing long time and too bulky for the gym/run. The pro's are great for me in all aspects, I use them around the house, gym, out running, never one issue. Hope you find the set that works for you!

iggi123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2019
? Why did you do this??

I had similar experiences. Although the ‘pain’ I had was minor, similar to when I first used the original AirPods...I put it down to my ears‘ cartilage adjusting to the shape & extended use of the buds. I quickly got used to it though.

Also had the gradual slippage. Finding the right sized tip, twisting as I inserted them to make sure they were sitting in properly & wiping away skin oils after every use fixed this.

But some people just can’t get them to fit unfortunately. They can’t make them fit in everyone’s ears...

I didn’t on purpose wash them lol... I forgot them in my pants pocket.

Did you buy third party tips or something? How did you get used to them?

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I had a pair of LG Bluetooth over the shoulder headphones with in ear buds. I could never wear them more than a few hours because of severe ear pain, even with the smallest ear buds. They were light enough so they never fell out. AirPods are just bout perfect for me though, but for an airplane I have to use the LG ones due to the sealing nature (bad for 4+ hour flights tho, I have to give my ears a rest).

I wondered if the Pros would have the same problem, from what I’m reading I guess I’ll be sticking with the normal AirPods. I can jog in them, swing my head full speed (they stay in), and wear them all day - no problems.

Zorori

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2017
AirPods Pro the same for me. I tried keeping them for longer, and now they squeak and rattle :(

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
I’ve had a similar experience. I find the original AirPods design to be much more comfortable. So much so that I used to forget they were in my ears. My new AirPods Pro? Not so much. They plug up my ears and I get sore after a while. I’ve kept them because I like the noise cancellation when I fly or mow the lawn. However, I’ve gone back to using my AirPods 2 around the house or when going for walks.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I wear mine for a full 8+ hour work day. I always have to feel with my fingers to see if they haven’t fallen out. That’s good for comfort but bad because I’ll never know if they fell out. They’re really snug too. They won’t budge if I flick at them. The original AirPods is a different story. Had to add microphone screens on them to get them to stay. The microphone screens allowed them to fit in the case still too.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I love my Pros except for when I’m running. I’m really struggling to get the fit right to stop them slipping out as I run/sweat. Have the issue whether I use the small or medium tips. Large won’t fit full stop.

Enquired about returning them but where I bought them from will require to retain 45% of the value because its over 30 days since I bought them.

Caseyatbat

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2020

Thanks

I’m experiencing the same. I really want to take them back to the store. Too much money spent to be uncomfortable. Also, people on here getting butt hurt because people DARE have a problem with an Apple product is ridiculous. It should be understood that everyone doesn’t feel the same about all things...don’t even know why that’s something that needs to be said. I’ve enjoyed each of my apple phones and iPad, but Apple isn’t perfect. And if some things don’t change, I will cease patronage. Anyone with any sense wouldn’t just pledge allegiance to Apple JUST BECAUSE it’s Apple. That’s stupid.

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
Airpods Pro are uncomfortable for me. Plus I hate the "closed in" feeling I get from the ANC. Originals are much better, more natural.

Reactions: catean

pcd213

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2019

Thanks
I’m in the same camp. I think it’s mostly the bulbous shape of the ear pod, but also the tip design that hurts my ears. I tried Comply ear tips which worked ever so slightly better, but they’re still uncomfortable. I just purchased AirPod 2’s for a great price on Amazon. I just need to decide if I’ll keep them or if I’ll wait to purchase the airpods 3 in late Sept/early Oct.

doolar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2019
I’m experiencing the same. I really want to take them back to the store. Too much money spent to be uncomfortable. Also, people on here getting butt hurt because people DARE have a problem with an Apple product is ridiculous. It should be understood that everyone doesn’t feel the same about all things...don’t even know why that’s something that needs to be said. I’ve enjoyed each of my apple phones and iPad, but Apple isn’t perfect. And if some things don’t change, I will cease patronage. Anyone with any sense wouldn’t just pledge allegiance to Apple JUST BECAUSE it’s Apple. That’s stupid.

The only one who is butt hurt here is you? I can’t find any poster in this thread that says OP is wrong and Apple is right. All I see are people sharing different experiences and a few tips.

For me the original AirPods and EarPods were basically useless, they fell out quickly. The APP’s on the other hand fit great. I do wipe off skin oil when I take them out, otherwise they’ll slide out a bit. As with any other IEM they require a bit of TLC, both with the earbuds and your ears (keep them clean).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.