AirPods sound dropouts with MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by radiologyman, Jun 10, 2018.

1. radiologyman macrumors 6502a

I bought AirPods and they are rock solid with Iphone X. When using them with 2015 rMB I have sound dropouts for several minutes at a time. I understand that range with Iphone X is better due to bluetooth 5.0 standard supported by both devices but I have sound drops when I use AirPods right in front of MacBook. I tried to reset BT module in MacBook but after clicking reset, the MacBook still remembers the AirPods. Resetting AirPods did not help. What can I try next? Thanks!

2. tomscott1988 macrumors 6502a

tomscott1988

I have exactly the same issue with my Beats X on my 2015 macbook. No problems on my phone.

Only way I find to get them back is to turn the headphones off and reconnect. Sent the old ones back because of this issue... It seems its between 8 and 18 minutes at a time. Apple had no idea... classic

I think its a bug in the software not the earphones themselves.

3. vegetassj4, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018

vegetassj4 macrumors regular

vegetassj4

Same issue here with AirPods and Early 2013 MBP, except there are short dropouts several times a minute. So tired of Apple's ecosystem integration screwing up at regular intervals...AppleTV, Airpods, BTMM, iTunes, GPS, etc.

4. vegetassj4 macrumors regular

vegetassj4

Unpairing and repairing appears to have solved the issue for me.

5. radiologyman, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018

radiologyman thread starter macrumors 6502a