Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andychelt

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
My AirPods order from Apple has just shipped with delivery due this Friday which is nice as it's also my birthday!

That will be a whole 11days earlier than Apples estimate which originally was for the 14th March if anyone else is wondering how accurate their ship time is :)

iStockNow

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
More options added to iStockNow for UK folks, including all Argos stores and Very.

Argos retail stores refill seems to happen around 6-8pm.

iSN 2017-03-02 à 20.34.15.png

blaugrana69

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
Most UK apple stores have stock this am and, possibly for the first time, it appears to be hanging around a bit.
(Source: istocknow.com)

Last edited:

MyAppleWorld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Birmingham, UK
Most UK apple stores have stock this am and, possibly for the first time, it appears to be hanging around a bit.
(Source: istocknow.com)

Just gone out of stock at Solihull/Birmingham. Lasted nearly two hrs!

Can't believe I'm looking again when already returned a pair in January. I'm curious that I never gave them long enough to test, the left ear seemed to slip out and put me off. I am thinking of trying again with skins or foam covers. I was going to get beatsx but that cable looks so damn long!

blaugrana69

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
Just gone out of stock at Solihull/Birmingham. Lasted nearly two hrs!

Can't believe I'm looking again when already returned a pair in January. I'm curious that I never gave them long enough to test, the left ear seemed to slip out and put me off. I am thinking of trying again with skins or foam covers. I was going to get beatsx but that cable looks so damn long!
Ha, same. Had them in December but returned them as don't stay secure in my ears, particularly the left. Now thinking someone is going to come up with a skin that will also fit the case so you don't need to remove to charge.
The Earhoox certainly work re fit (tried them on some earpods - very secure fit) but it's the charging that's the issue.

scottish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2011
Guess
I've gone from completely not interested in AirPods to ordering them for pickup today! I spent the last couple of days reading good things about them and made an impulse decision yesterday after realising I get angry at my existing earphones a lot. I seem to spend ages untangling them and trying to keep them out of the way when shopping, juggling bags, at the gym or just getting my phone out of my pocket.

Richie2000

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
West Sussex UK
Managed to do a store pick up from Apple Southampton this morning. Technically they are a fantastic product but unfortunately they are not suited to my ear shape and keep slipping out so I will be reluctantly returning and purchasing a set of Powerbeats 3.

scottish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2011
Guess
Managed to do a store pick up from Apple Southampton this morning. Technically they are a fantastic product but unfortunately they are not suited to my ear shape and keep slipping out so I will be reluctantly returning and purchasing a set of Powerbeats 3.
That's unfortunate. I was slightly concerned about that but they fit nicely for me and are pretty comfortable.

Very pleased with them - exceeded my expectations in most respects and crucially in sound quality. I was more concerned about that than fit but they sound great to my non-audiophile ears.

Overall a delightful product in set up and use. Looking forward to trying them at the gym tomorrow.

Richie2000

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
West Sussex UK
That's unfortunate. I was slightly concerned about that but they fit nicely for me and are pretty comfortable.

Very pleased with them - exceeded my expectations in most respects and crucially in sound quality. I was more concerned about that than fit but they sound great to my non-audiophile ears.

Overall a delightful product in set up and use. Looking forward to trying them at the gym tomorrow.

Glad they are working out for you.

Agree, the sound quality is great on the AirPods. So disappointed that I couldn't get them to stay in place. Fortunately the Powerbeats 3s seem to be working out great for me. Looking forward to trying them on a run in the morning.

ColdShadow

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2013
but what if you decide to return them? (due to poor fit for example)..many people return them for this reason yet on Carphone warehouse faq they say headphones cannot be returned due to hygiene reason.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
but what if you decide to return them? (due to poor fit for example)..many people return them for this reason yet on Carphone warehouse faq they say headphones cannot be returned due to hygiene reason.
I think only Apple will allow you to return them. They don't care. I returned a pair of urbeats to Apple a few years ago as they kept falling out of my ears. They were perfectly fine about it. No questions asked.

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
I also toyed with the idea of AirPods but the EarPods always seemed to fall out of my ears (especially the right hand side).

So have decided to go for the PowerBeats 3 and they should be here Monday.

I get employee discount through a third party at work so I've saved myself some money on the PowerBeats (AirPods were excluded from the offer).

scottish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2011
Guess
I think only Apple will allow you to return them. They don't care. I returned a pair of urbeats to Apple a few years ago as they kept falling out of my ears. They were perfectly fine about it. No questions asked.

Costco who are selling them online for £149 (but currently out of stock) will also allow you to return them.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
debating getting some of these....however on apple it says 6 weeks, will I actually have to wait that long? Probably better off using istocknow and refreshing? what sort of time do argos get their deliveries and update their stock?

cheers :)

scottish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2011
Guess
debating getting some of these....however on apple it says 6 weeks, will I actually have to wait that long? Probably better off using istocknow and refreshing? what sort of time do argos get their deliveries and update their stock?

cheers :)

Yes definitely use istocknow - and set up email alert. I had a pair the day after deciding I wanted them. I got lucky but wouldn't have had them without the email alert.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Yes definitely use istocknow - and set up email alert. I had a pair the day after deciding I wanted them. I got lucky but wouldn't have had them without the email alert.

thanks, is there a way to set up email alert for individual stores?

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Yes I'm sure there was.
All my local Argos stores have stock right now, by the way in case you've not checked recently.

thanks :). do you just click on the specific store so it shows on the left hand side and then click notify me at the top?

scottish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2011
Guess
thanks :). do you just click on the specific store so it shows on the left hand side and then click notify me at the top?
Ok, I've just had a look. First log in. Then focus the map over your area and click notify. The side bar will open with all the stores in that map view and allow you to select the ones you want. Then click save. As you move the map around it adds/removes stores from the side bar - pretty cool.

Also, my local Argos' are now out of stock again so looks like you'll need to act quickly with them!

nickosbad

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2009
Woke up to find that they had come in stock at Manchester at 1am but OOS again

Thought i'd try again just before 8am (apple seem to update inventory at this time) and snagged a pair at Trafford Centre

If i decide not to pick them up do they charge my card?......i'm in a "need new tech" mood and the apple watch I bought recently hasn't excited me so was thinking these would....but not sure!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.