Airpods wireless charging....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Sep 14, 2017.

1. tl01 macrumors 68020

Are the new AirPods charging container going on sale today? Or is it a separate purchase to the AirPods?
    Thanks!

2. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

Just rumors right now. Eventually they’ll be part of all new purchases.

3. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68020

So should not purchase those at this time? Sadness! Finally decided I want them!;). Do I really care about wireless charging?

4. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

It’ll be cool next year when AirPower comes out. You’ll be able to charge your iPhone. Apple Watch, and AirPods at the same time, on the same pad. Not so exciting now. I’ve had my AirPods for a couple of months and love them. I wouldn’t wait to get them, but that’s me. They only need to be charged 1-2 times a week, for my usage.

5. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68020

That's what I'm thinking. Now that I have decided I need them (not sure why I do) I am not sure I want to wait. I can't imagine being that upset about having to charge them every so often...except one of my cars does have wireless charging and that is pretty fun. I imagine though that my phones will keep that filled!;). Maybe I'll just go pick them up at the store this week. I think they will be fun to have with the new watch. Darn apple for making me think I need all the things!!!