AirPods

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by GargantuaOttawa, Feb 13, 2017.

1. GargantuaOttawa macrumors newbie

GargantuaOttawa

I bought AirPods on Friday. They are expensive, but so far exceed my expectations.
    The sound is clear, battery life is even better than advertised.
    I went out walking my dog in very cold weather (-25 Celsius or - 13 F) this week-end, then in a snow storm with lots of wind and snow. No problem at all and they kept going, thankfully, unlike the BeatsSolo3 that shut down when it's not even that cold out.
    AirPods are light and comfortable in the ear. I pulled my wool toque down to cover my ears and I had no issues. The AirPods played the music nicely and stayed in place. Phone conversations were clear on both ends of the line.

I have to admit I'm a bit self-conscious wearing them. They are not quite making a fashion statement. I wish they were a bit shorter and of a different colour. But they are so enjoyable, the hell with other people, I keep them for me! :) Well worth the money. Very nice not having the cord, especially when you have a winter coat, scarf, etc, in the way.

Very impressed owner.

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

There are a couple of threads that address skins for Airpods. Currently, mine are glittery hot pink.

3. GargantuaOttawa thread starter macrumors newbie

GargantuaOttawa

Do the skins feel rough on your skin? Do they make the AirPods bulkier or less comfortable after a while?
    I appreciate your feedback on them.

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Can't feel them at all. The skins are so slim they don't affect how the Airpods fit in the charging case.

5. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

A little unfair to pick on the Beats for shutting down at -13F. They are sitting on your ears directly exposed to the cold, while the AirPods are sitting in your ears and under a hat getting the full advantage of your body heat.

6. GargantuaOttawa thread starter macrumors newbie

GargantuaOttawa

Good and valid point! It would be quite unreasonable to expect The Solo3 to work under such harsh conditions. However, they normally shut off at 32 F or just around the freezing point. It makes them unusable in these parts for a few months a year. That being said, the Solo3 are fantastic, great sound and unbelievable range.

7. ryangoldstein Suspended

ryangoldstein

I really like these decals for the case itself - makes the case look a lot cooler!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]