Airpord problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macapple263, Mar 19, 2010.

1. macapple263 macrumors newbie

My airport will connect with my router but when I put it to sleep or just leave it for a while it will disconnect and I have to reboot my router or I get the connection timeout error It is getting really annoying to have to reboot it every time:(

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

When you put the computer to sleep it is not unusual for the AirPort connection to drop. It should auto-rejoin within a minute of when it wakes from sleep, however.

One thing you can try is to 1) turn off the AirPort card, 2) remove and re-add the network name in question from the Preferred Networks listing, 3) remove the Keychain entry for the network's saved password. The listing of Preferred networks is accessed by going to Network Preferences, selecting AirPort, then clicking Advanced, and highlighting the network name and hitting the - sign. Deleting the Keychain entry is done by going to Keychain Access and highlighting the password entry then tapping the delete key on your keyboard. After clearing those settings, restart the computer, re-enable your AirPort card, and manually rejoin your network. Test the fix by putting your system to sleep for 10-15 minutes and then coming back to it and waking it up.