Airpords case cleaning question

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
So my wife has been using this new purse with a black suede interior, the purse has tinted her airpod case. Do you guys know of anything we could try to clean it and restore the white color? If not then it's not a big deal I guess since it's just cosmetic

IMG_0728.JPG

AlphaHumanus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
I have some at home, I'll give that a shot. thanks
I'd like to request follow up pictures of it isn't too much trouble. I've got a pair coming and they'll be subject to some pretty dirty conditions. Please and thank you.

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
I'd like to request follow up pictures of it isn't too much trouble. I've got a pair coming and they'll be subject to some pretty dirty conditions. Please and thank you.
I'll do it this weekend and provide some follow up pics no problem.
[doublepost=1488372194][/doublepost]
What about ye olde lemon juice or dishwashing liquid.
yeah we tried those and no luck. I'm going to pick up some clorox wipes as well to see if those give any results.

Reactions: AlphaHumanus

Ralfi

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I have alcohol wipes I use at work for cleaning optic fibres. They should do the trick. Should be able to find them at hardware stores, if not telecommunication wholesalers.

Or nail polish remover?

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Use a podskinz case off amazon.
If nothing else works that's a great idea thanks!
[doublepost=1488413001][/doublepost]
I have alcohol wipes I use at work for cleaning optic fibres. They should do the trick. Should be able to find them at hardware stores, if not telecommunication wholesalers.

Or nail polish remover?
Will give it a shot thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.