Airport - 2 Bars

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Clyde099, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Clyde099 macrumors regular

So I've had this issue for a couple of months now. At first I thought it was my router, so I went out and bought a 500GB Time Capsule...needless to say, the problem still persists.

Usually, when I log to my iMac I get two bars on the Airport icon. My internet connection is really slow/almost non-existent.

What I end up doing is I open network prefrences, run diagnostics, and go through that whole process to have my internet function properly. I have to do this whenever I log in to the computer.

I have 10.5.6 and I installed the latest Airport Extreme update before upgrading to 10.5.6.

Somebody please help!

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Try plugging your computer directly into your modem. It's possible that your ISP is to blame.

3. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

Happens with me too.

What I do is turn off airport a few times, and turn it on again.

It works without a problem for a long time. When I wake it up from sleep, then the problems continue.

Tried everything for it to be consistently on...

4. Jisuo macrumors 6502

Have you tried this simple fix?:

Just add another airport connection in network settings (click the + bottom left). Call it whatever you want. Then drag it to the bottom of the list. Solved all my wireless problems. Stupid huh?