Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edge540

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Indiana
Is there an application or way to see the traffic that is going through my airport express base station? I am the administrator for the network and i want to know which computers connected to the network are taking up most of the bandwidth.
Also, is there a way to restrict the bandwidth that some computers get?

Thanks,
Bryan

edge540

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Indiana
This will only show the details for Apple computers, is there one to show the activity for windows computers? Also, how do you see the total bandwith that is going through the base station?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
edge540 said:
This will only show the details for Apple computers, is there one to show the activity for windows computers? Also, how do you see the total bandwith that is going through the base station?

Are you sure that Airport Management Utility -> Monitor tab (after selecting the airport in the left side) does not show you all devices wirelessly connected? It should show every device by MAC address, without respect to what OS it is running.

edge540

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Indiana
It will show all the wireless devices connected, even the windows ones. But it will only show my the signal strength for the windows pc's and not the noise, tx packets and rx packets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.