AirPort and AppleCare, no receipt

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by logandzwon, Jun 3, 2012.

1. logandzwon macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,
    I have a mac mini server with AppleCare. It's about a year and half old. I have a 2009 AirPort Extreme. If it fails it should be covered under the mini's AppleCare, but I did not buy it on the same receipt, and in fact have no receipt for the AirPort at all.

Does anyone know if I have a problem, and try to get it repaired under the mini's AppleCare, will Apple need a receipt for the AirPort?

2. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

I was successful with an airport express without a receipt, even though the the airport was a few years old and probably out of warranty. It's worth the time to go in person and see if they can fix/replace.

Here is the applecare coverage, officially it has to be less than 2 years old when you purchased your mac.

You should be covered.

i) Under APP for Mac, (a) one compatible Apple branded display if purchased at the same time as the Covered Equipment, (b) an Apple-branded mouse, Magic Trackpad, Apple Battery Charger and keyboard if included with the Covered Equipment (or purchased with a Mac mini), or (c) an AirPort Extreme Card, an AirPort Express or AirPort Extreme Base Station, Time Capsule, an Apple-branded DVI to ADC display adapter, Apple RAM modules and MacBook Air SuperDrive if used with the Covered Equipment and originally purchased by you no earlier than two years before the Covered Equipment purchase.