Airport and Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by m828s, Sep 29, 2009.

1. m828s macrumors member

Question: How can I get Boot Camp to recognize my Airport? Do I need to buy a PC wireless router?

I've also got VMWARE Fusion, and of course that works fine. But I need the extra speed and power that virtualization can't muster.

My apologies if this has already been covered. I searched with a bunch of keywords, and no luck.

Thanks in advance.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Have you installed the Boot Camp drivers from your computer's restore disks?

3. m828s thread starter macrumors member

I don't recall. I installed Windows using Boot Camp a year or so ago, and then ran into problems.

At that time, I was using a wired connection, and I was getting intermittent disconnects.

I've since moved and purchased Airport, and now I can't get any connection.

I do know that when installing everything, I took no extra steps. I did the minimum required.

It sounds like you may be suggesting something that wouldn't have been part of the initial set-up instructions?

Thanks...

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

It is part of the initial setup instructions, but I'd reinstall the stuff anyway to be safe. You can find the installer on the first of the two restore disks that shipped with your computer.

As for the wireless networking, there is no such thing as a "PC network" or a "Mac network". Wireless networks are wireless networks and should work with any appropriately-equipped computer regardless of the brand of the computer or router.

5. m828s thread starter macrumors member

Thanks very much. I'll give that a shot tomorrow and post with results, for anyone else who's curious.

Thanks again! :)