Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joehahn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
CT
hey guys,
i'm totally new to this beautiful macbook pro i have sitting on my lap and i have a quick question for you guys.

so, i have gotten everything all set up and up and running but one thing that i have noticed is my network connection disconnecting itself. every time i have closed i the lid it has diconnected itself from the network. i realize that it goes to sleep when that happens and it shouldnt be really doing anything in sleep mode. but im kinda p-o'ed at how when i open it up i need to re enter the networs pass word. is there a way that i can make it so that it automatically connects to the network when its opened/turned on? i checked the box that "saves the password as a keychain" what ever that means too.....i really have no idea and hopefully you guys can help me

joehahn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
CT
i feel like an idiot lol

i also clicked the lock things to lock and now it's fine

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Once a Mac enters sleep mode, it will shut off wireless communications. Bluetooth excepted. It's perfectly normal. Like the above poster says, just check that option and it will automatically reconnect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.