Airport and MBP Deconnection

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by D3nZ, Jul 26, 2009.

1. D3nZ macrumors member

Ok, so I have had no problem until about 2 weeks ago. Seems that my Airport and my MBP keep deconnecting. The Airport is good cause it is plugged on another computer via a wire and that computer is always connected and staying connected. The light on my Airport is always green also. But my MBP keeps loosing the connection, sometimes I have to wait for the network to come back because it sometimes says that there is no network and other times it disconnects from the network but when I access my little airport icon on the top right of the screen I simply have to reconnect to the network. I even had to do a complete new connection a other times cause the old one would not come back. It almost seems like my Airport and my MBP lose their wireless connection completly. Any ideas on why it's deconnecting for no reason?

2. D3nZ thread starter macrumors member

I just noticed that the deconnection happens when someone is using the landline phone but I still have not resolved the issue. Any clue on how to fix that?

3. shaunymac macrumors 6502

All I can say is that I feel for you. My airport is in a box in the closest because I moved. I have a free router from the cable company that I am using as of now. With all of the trouble I had with my airport and the software updates, it makes me wonder if I will pull it back out or just sell it.

Good luck with your problem.

4. D3nZ thread starter macrumors member

So, I called my internet and phone provider and they told me apparently my wireless network and the phone at home have the same channel right now and that is the reason why it keeps deconnecting when someone calls. But they told me they could not do anything about it cause they have no knowledge of the Apple products so they told me to call Apple and after 45 mins of waiting on the phone they told me that I would have to pay 50$ for that, when I told them that I was sent there because of my phone company they replyed well you have to pay 50$ so I just hung up the phone. First bad experience with an Apple product had to happen someday. So if anyone know's how to fix that, tell me, please.

5. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Cordless phones, wireless networking, and bluetooth all use the 2.4GHz frequency and can interfere with each other.

Switch the Airport (Extreme?) to 5GHz. This will resolve your problems, but any devices which are not wireless N can't connect. You can pick up another cheap wireless G router to handle the old devices, or buy a new Airport Extreme which allows for simultaneous dual band connections.