Airport and multiple (student) login accounts.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by speedfreak007, Oct 3, 2010.

1. speedfreak007 macrumors member

Hello,

I have a question: I study in Leuven (where Stella Artois is brewed :) ) and I live with 4 other people in one home. We all have an internet account which we have to use in order to get on the internet (safari goes automatically to KUL netlogin and after you logged in, you can connect to the internet). The internet modem is in my room and because we don't want to drill holes to every room and place UTP cables I connected my Airport Express to the modem.
    So I plug in the Airport, make connection with my macbook and login to "KUL netlogin" and I can surf on the internet. But the problem is that the Airport kinda remembers the password (I dont really know how that works) so when someone else makes connection with the Airport he/she can surf immediately without logging in into "KUL netlogin". So he/she uses my account (and my monthly data). When you use a switch and ethernet cables, everybody has to log before he/she can surf on the internet. I want this behavior on my airport. How can I do this?

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. English is not my main language :)

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

Go to Airport Admin and turn off "Distribute IP addresses" on the Express. This allows each computer to login independently, because the Express is not trying to give IP addresses to each one - it is letting KUL netlogin do that.

3. speedfreak007 thread starter macrumors member

i tried that (i thought it had something to do with that) but when i click apply settings it gives me an error. something like: DHCP address conflicts with the WAN-IP address of your Airport

My DHCP-start address is: 10.92.115.2
    DHCP-end address is 10.92.115.200

what can I do?