Airport and PS3?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by arminhadzic17, May 19, 2009.

1. arminhadzic17 macrumors newbie

I have hughe colection of tv shows, movies, photos, music and all of my gadgets are wi-fi suported... my question... I have 2 pc (dell laptops), UMBP, 2 desktops one macpro and dell workstation, ps3 and i want to conect all gadgets with airport... and want to conect all gadgets with USB HDD... i know that pc and mac will work but what is with ps3? Can i watch my shows from usb conected to airport on mz ps3???

thanks in advance and sorry on my english.

2. STXSTEVE macrumors member

STXSTEVE

As said already PS3mediaserver works well.. I do think MediaLink works better. However what these do is sets the Mac up to be a UPNP device.. So anything your Mac Detects will show up PS3 through your network no need to connect the PS3 via USB. Tversity will do the same thing for a windows machine..

3. arminhadzic17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!!! :) all macrumors users are great !!!

4. arminhadzic17 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok ps3 manage to find my shared folders and Shared HDD but it is SOOOOOOO SLOW.... it just dont work.... i get to se photo after like a minute song after like 3 min and video (divix) after like 5 minutes and it plays ok for like 5 sec then stops and after another 5 min of waiting plays for another 4-5 sec and on ... can i do anything and what??? pls :)

thank you in advance...

5. STXSTEVE macrumors member

STXSTEVE

Which application are you using...

6. arminhadzic17 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using "ps3 media server" .... all day i have problems first video photo and music was toooo slow now i have constant error mesege.... and not just one but 3-4 diferent errors.... i have WD 500 gb conected to my airport extreme and i run ps3media server on my UMBP17.... i am thinking to buy another wd 500 gb just for PS3 :(

7. chosenwolf macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

I also have problems with Airport and PS3 (online play and streaming). There is always a 2 second hiccup every 45-60 seconds when there is activity. I've tried changing the channels on the APX and even extended the network via Airport Express.

I wonder if the PS3 will ever be N-capable via a firmware update.

8. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

9. STXSTEVE macrumors member

STXSTEVE

Yes PS3media sever takes a lot of playing with the settings to work decent... I have to have both my mac and PS3 hardwired to make it work good.. However MediaLink has worked great over the wifi.. It is 20 bucks but it does work good.. Try the trial and see if it solves your problems before buying.

10. arminhadzic17 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok i am done !!! with ps3 media serverssssss it just dont work..... !!!!!! now i have one more Q. because Airport base station is lame on signal strenght i want to instal external antenna.... if you know what antenna and how to instal please post links or something... and is it beter to buy another REAL!!!! Acess point or instaling antenna on my APBS ???? Please HELP... :(