Airport and Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gangst, Jun 24, 2008.

1. gangst macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing an Airport extreme base station, however, i have read that it is incompatible with Xbox 360 when using the USB dongle over wireless N.

Is this true and has this been fixed?

Thanks

2. Tracer macrumors 6502

3. SouvenirCity macrumors newbie

If you use an airport express, and plug and ethernet cable from the 360 to the Express, would you be able to play online with the XBOX 360 (this is with a wireless network already set-up)?

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Yes to your question.

As for the OP. I have both N versions of Airport Extreme & Express. My 360's wireless dongle does not work with either. I have tried ALL variations possible to try and get it working to no avail.

Worked great with my old express.... just not the new N versions. :(

5. byocrysis macrumors regular

byocrysis

I have the new airport extreme N router and it works just fine with my xbox 360 wireless dongle. My roommate has one too and it works fine with him as well. You just have to use the wireless N/G compatible mode which is the default for the router anyhow.

6. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

Xbox 360's wireless dongle is A/B/G only. It won't work with AEBS if your AEBS is set to "N Only", just like any other A/B/G product. If you set your AEBS to 2.4Ghz and backwards compatible to A/B/G, it will work just fine.