Airport and Xbox360

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Drewc1fer, May 22, 2007.

1. Drewc1fer macrumors newbie

Sup guys.. I have a network setup with an Airport base station, a router, a g4 mac(connected wirelessly to airport,) and my Intel Mac (connected to router with a cable.) I'm trying to get my 360 to connect so I can play live.. I'm having some troubles.... I have an older xbox wireless adapter the linksys wireless game adapter. I know for a fact this will work because on my older router I had it set up and working perfectly. When I got my base station, however, I wanted to set up the network on that. So far my Airport is configured on an open network, with a multicast rate of 5.5, interference robustness checked, and transmitter power 100%. I've put in the Mac Addr. of the adapter already. My adapter says it is receiving a signal but when I go to connect to live it fails the IP portion of the test.

My network is kind of confusing so I'll explain..

Cable Modem- Netgear WGR614v4 Router (wireless disabled)-***Connected to the Airport Base Station and my Intel Mac*** - My airport is connected to my G4 Mac downstairs
    My Intel doesn't have an Airport card to answer any questions about that.
    Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks in advance.

2. Drewc1fer thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Drewc1fer thread starter macrumors newbie

4. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

A suggestion is I think you need to "bridge" your connections. As in, connect your X-box to your laptop and then from that, connect to the net wirelessly.

I'm not sure how to do it on OS X though, as I only did it a few times with my PS2 and Windows laptop.

5. Drewc1fer thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try that out.. thing is I don't have a laptop so I gotta move my 360 to one of my computers :/