Airport Animation

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Huerz, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Huerz, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

Huerz macrumors member

My airport symbol on the top right bar continually animates as if it is searching/connecting (screenshot attached) even though I am successfully connected to the wireless net at my uni. This only ever occurs with the wireless connection here.

Does anyone know why this occurring and how I might stop it?

EDIT: Macbook Pro late 2011, OSX 10.9.4

Attached Files:

2. n0cus macrumors 6502

There might be some kind of error with your disk. Go to Disk Utility and analyze you disk permissions and the internal disk itself to see if it needs to be repaired.

3. Huerz thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the response. I did the suggested but no repair was necessary. Any other tips?

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

5. Huerz thread starter macrumors member

Whilst the recommended thread concerns a different issue, accessing and playing around with the network options (as they discuss) seemed to fix it. Thank you for the help guys.

----------

I spoke to soon... The animation is back and playing again. Under network preferences it states that it's 'authenticating' (with a spinning wheel indicating that it's attempting to do so). I presume this is what is causing the Airport animation to continually play. This is odd considering I am connected to the network and not experiencing any disruptions to my connection.

Any ideas on how to finalise the authentication so that the animation stops?

6. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Have you tried just deleting the network from your known networks and adding again?

7. Huerz thread starter macrumors member

Yes and unfortunately still no success.

8. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Have you tried the 10.9.5 update and seen if still happening?

9. Huerz thread starter macrumors member

Still no luck :mad:

10. n0cus macrumors 6502

Your best bet is to restore your OS at this point. Restore by holding Command-R at start up.