Airport base station

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pfisher, Sep 6, 2010.

1. pfisher macrumors member

I have an Airport Base station. I need to reset this base station back to the factory defaults. I want to wipe away all settings.

First, how do I determine which kind of Base station that I have? The base station is white with two cat5 jacks, USB, and telephone jack. I think it is a dual port station. I don't know if this would a Graphite or Snow model.

Second, how do I reset the base station. Do I use the small reset button on the back of the unit? OR do I use Airport Base Utility software? If so, which version should I use? I am using OS 10.4.11.

Third, does anyone know of a good user manual for this particular model?

Thanks,

Phil

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Get a paperclip, poke the reset button for about 30 seconds, let it restart. If the network name is still the old name, poke the reset button for a longer time. If it's something like Airport 2A8B3C then your good.

3. pfisher thread starter macrumors member

Ok, but which version of Airport Utility should I use to access the base station? Which jack should I plug the Cat5 cable into?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You have an UFO Airport Extreme Base Station. You can plug the CAT5 into either port, but I'd suggest the <-> one. Any version of Airport Utility will work on that one.

5. pfisher thread starter macrumors member

I got the base station to work. I was trying to connect an iPad to it. What about the antenna? If I wanted to add the antenna to this station, where I can purchase the antenna for this particular model?

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Some of that model have a port for one, its a small round hole. However, the antennas are expensive now days and hard to find.