Airport Basestation

flat4

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Model M 8440 i need a power supply, has anyone found a replacement that is not apple branded. where was it bought or any specifics i need so i can buy a replacement.

thanks

hobbbz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2005
With most things like this, you need to jsut up and buy the apple version. Maybe someone has a broken APX that the power cord still works on.

flat4

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Er... no. Any power adapter that gives you the proper DC voltage and has the appropriate plug will work just fine.
That is what I am looking for, i got the voltage 12v and .7A but i don't want to buy one and not have the plug fit. That is why i asked if anyone had purchase one and from where.

I got a base stations for next to nothing and only after i got home from the garage sale did i realize there wasn't a power cord.

hobbbz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2005
Anyway, google search for "Airport Basestation Power Adapter" reveals that Amazon has them for $25. Quite a deal if you got the APX for <$100.

Last edited by a moderator:

flat4

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Anyway, google search for "Airport Basestation Power Adapter" reveals that Amazon has them for $25. Quite a deal if you got the APX for <$100.
I did in fact try that and it yielded a plethora of crap, i only posted here because i thought that someone had been in my situation and may have a suggestion.

I'm glad google is available for you to help others

Last edited by a moderator: