Airport Basestation

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by flat4, Mar 8, 2012.

1. flat4 macrumors member

Model M 8440 i need a power supply, has anyone found a replacement that is not apple branded. where was it bought or any specifics i need so i can buy a replacement.

thanks

2. hobbbz macrumors 6502a

hobbbz

With most things like this, you need to jsut up and buy the apple version. Maybe someone has a broken APX that the power cord still works on.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Er... no. Any power adapter that gives you the proper DC voltage and has the appropriate plug will work just fine.

4. flat4 thread starter macrumors member

That is what I am looking for, i got the voltage 12v and .7A but i don't want to buy one and not have the plug fit. That is why i asked if anyone had purchase one and from where.

I got a base stations for next to nothing and only after i got home from the garage sale did i realize there wasn't a power cord.

5. hobbbz, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012

hobbbz macrumors 6502a

hobbbz

Anyway, google search for "Airport Basestation Power Adapter" reveals that Amazon has them for $25. Quite a deal if you got the APX for <$100.

6. flat4, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012

flat4 thread starter macrumors member

I did in fact try that and it yielded a plethora of crap, i only posted here because i thought that someone had been in my situation and may have a suggestion.

I'm glad google is available for you to help others