Airport/bluetooth for G5 Quad

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Joshuarocks, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Joshuarocks macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

Hello everyone!

Only four more days till I get my G5 Quad.. quick question.. I read somewhere that the reception and quality of the airport/bluetooth run off card for the G5's was not so good.. is this correct? I wanted to get some feedback from those who have the built in airport/bluetooth run off card in their G5 Quads, and dual cores(only for those PCIe models) and the feedback about how good or bad the reception is..

I found one all put together for like 50.00 dollars, and I wanted to know before I purchase it how good is the reception on it? As of right now, I do have a bluetooth 2.1 usb adapter, and a 802.11 a/b/g/g+/n USB adapter, but prefer to use the internal one even though everything I own is using wireless G.

Thanks

I don't know about you, but I am dedicated to keeping the PPC alive for future generations.. its not obsolete in my eye. :)

2. 300D macrumors 65816

300D

Reception is fine. You need to worry about the water cooling system on your CPUs.

3. Joshuarocks thread starter macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

I am on it.. good news is that the G5 Quads compared to the dual 2.5 and dual 2.7's don't have a high rate of LCS leaks, as this was due to the revised liquid cooling system.

4. 300D macrumors 65816

300D

5. Joshuarocks thread starter macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

mine came out in March of 2006 - does that help?

6. 300D macrumors 65816

300D

7. Joshuarocks, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011

Joshuarocks thread starter macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

Ok, looking at my Quad.. it seems I do have the newer pump :) It is a panasonic.. can barely make out the name, but the name starts with a P.. Sorry, I made a mistake.. the Quad I have according to the person who owned it told me he got it in June of 2006.

8. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

The late '05s have much better airport reception than the older the older G5s without the built in antennas.

$50 seems like a good deal. The combo card itself is dirt cheap, it's just that riser card that is hard to find which is why they are more expensive.