Airport breaks connection and needs restart to work

Discussion in 'iMac' started by gpoglodek, Jan 24, 2009.

1. gpoglodek macrumors newbie

I use Belkin N1 (firmware F5D8231-4_WW_4.00.18) router to connect to Internet. For some time (it happened 3 weeks ago, although everything worked fine for about a year, I did install update of EFI firmware for Mac on that day) the connection breaks (the Airport officially is ON and does not report any problems, so is e.g. skype, but it is not, I need to turn off Airport and turn it on again for it to go online again). Sometimes it happens once a day and sometimes every half an hour.

Laptop (with Windows Vista) works at the same time (connecting also wireless) without breaking.

Strange is that when somebody uploads a file via skype it is still working although browser is not, also i can chat with people on skype, only after restart an airport browser starts to work again.

Thanx

2. Gunga Din macrumors 6502

Happens to me sometimes as well. I just do what u did. Turn off airport and then on again. We have a D-Link wireless router hooked up and I can't figure out why this happens either.

Once a day doesnt bother me too much so I havent messed around with fixing it.