Airport can't find network until battery indicator done calculating

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Brendon Bauer, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Brendon Bauer macrumors 6502

I don't know if anybody else experiences this problem, but when I open my laptop (from sleep) and then try to find a network via the airport icon in the menubar it won't find anything until the battery life indicator is done "calculating". Sometimes that is around 10 seconds... I don't see how they are related, but it always works out that way for me. As soon as it's done calculating the remaining battery time I can click on the airport icon and it will find a network within a few seconds. Otherwise it just sits there searching and won't find anything...

2. Brendon Bauer thread starter macrumors 6502

No idea huh? Can anybody repeat this behavior? I just tried moving the airport menubar icon to the right of the battery indicator icon and I think that may have fixed it. At least it worked this one time... Maybe the farther to the right the higher the priority or something? I'm not sure.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I was having issues connecting to Airport on waking from sleep on a desktop. I went into System Prefereces>Network>Airport>Advanced.

I removed a bunch of networks I no longer use and moved my preferred one to the top spot. Solved my problem. HTH.

4. Brendon Bauer thread starter macrumors 6502

That sounds like a similar problem, but the difference is that you are wanting your computer to auto-connect to a preferred wireless network upon wake from sleep, whereas I am just scanning for all available wireless networks upon wake from sleep. It can't seem to find any networks until after the remaining battery time is done calculating (not even sure they are related and that's the problem--just a guess). It could be similar problems with how airport works... who knows.

It's not a huge deal, but just weird. I'll stop complaining ;)