Airport Card For Dual 2.0Ghz Machine Needed?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by AverageGuy, May 13, 2011.

1. AverageGuy macrumors newbie

In another post, I described the Dual 2.0Ghz machine I just acquired. It has no Airport Card, and I want it to be part of my wireless network. I called OTC and they only have an aftermarket card with an antenna! Where can I get the card that Apple would have put in this machine, had it been ordered that way. Does anyone have a source for this, or a Apple part number for this? Please help if you can!

2. Dadioh macrumors 65816

Dadioh

I dropped in one I had left over from a Macbook. I think it was a 2006 or 2007 model with 3 antenna connectors. Works fine with Wireless N to my Airport Extreme Router. Check eBay and don't limit search to Mac Pro airport cards. Expand it to include Macbook cards as well. They are the same form factor.

For example:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/MacBook-A1181-Ai...ltDomain_0&hash=item4159457755#ht_2660wt_1049

but there are many more. Find the best deal that works for you. And do a search for which antenna connections to make. There was a bit of a kaffuffle (sp?) over mixing up bluetooth connections and such.

Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of Mac Pro :D