Airport card gone bad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hitman45400, May 22, 2009.

1. hitman45400 macrumors regular

So, everytime i join a net work it starts at 4 bars, then it takes the web page foreve to load, then the signal strength drops, until 1 bar. it does this on a any network, but it's fixed by turning wifi off and then back on, it's becoming a big pain.

Also, usually later at night, my fan (while running itunes and pages) the fans will turn up to about 4-5000 rpm's and the temps for everything sky rocket..

i am still under apple care.

PS, i have asked this before, but i needed to double check about changing my hdd, will it void my warranty?? and how do i do it? is there a guide on how to transfer the data?

2. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

get the airport fixed before attempting to do the hd swap. Technically on the nonunibody macbook pros it does void the warranty. but if your careful and put the original one back if you have a problem apple will not know about it. To transfer the data you will need a hard drive enclosure. they are available for less than $20. Ifixit.com has a guide on how to change the drive.

3. hitman45400 thread starter macrumors regular

do they have a guide to transfer it too?

4. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I'm having the exact same issues after I upgraded to 10.5.7. Perhaps you noticed this after the upgrade as well? I have yet to find a solution, but tomorrow, I think I will be going back to 10.5.6.