AirPort Card Issue PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by -XUL-, May 12, 2009.

1. -XUL- macrumors newbie

I have been trying to figure out why my Macbook has been disconnecting from the internet, and the only probable solution that I can come up with is my AirPort card is going out.

I have checked with other students on campus, and they are able to stay connected to the internet at all times without interruption. I have also gotten in touch with those at the Technology Center here, and I am not being disconnected due to any violation of terms of use.

I have a Macbook with 2 GB of RAM, Intel GMA X3100 Integrated Graphics card, Leopard 10.5.6, 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, and an AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x88).

2. MrM macrumors 6502

I've read about people having issues with their MacBooks disconnecting from wireless networks in a few different places... From what I've seen its selective from machine to machine. Do you have the latest software/firmware updates? Sorry I can't be more of a help on the subject.

3. o2xygen macrumors regular

I get the same, my university has two networks, the mac-network (for design students only) and a second network. Until recently Im not able to stay on the second network but I am able to stay connected to the mac-network.

I have an UMB 2.0

4. -XUL- thread starter macrumors newbie

I am up-to-date on everything. I appreciate your input, though.

Do you guys think that I should contact Apple about this problem? I have searched the forums, and there really hasn't been anyone with a solution to the problem.