Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robotrenegade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2002
Greenville,SC
My airport sucks compaired to my old ti book. I never get as good signal as i did. All my friends get better signal in my house with the same amount of feet away from the basestation. Is there anyway to test the card or fix it?

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
The new PowerBooks are supposed to have better AirPort reception than the TiBooks. I'm very pleased with the reception on my 12" PB. You might want to make sure the antenna is properly plugged into the AirPort card. Sometimes they get loose, or someone forgets to plug them in, and you get very poor reception. If all else fails, take it into an Apple Store and explain the problem to them.

Thirteenva

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
I get better reception with my albook than i did with my tibook. You may want to call apple.

robotrenegade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2002
Greenville,SC
Originally posted by MoparShaha
The new PowerBooks are supposed to have better AirPort reception than the TiBooks. I'm very pleased with the reception on my 12" PB. You might want to make sure the antenna is properly plugged into the AirPort card. Sometimes they get loose, or someone forgets to plug them in, and you get very poor reception. If all else fails, take it into an Apple Store and explain the problem to them.

How can I make sure it fits myself? Apple store is abouit 2 hours away from me.

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
Look at your owner's manual for the procedure on installing an AirPort card. It will show you how to access it. You'll see a metal wire with an angled connector near the card. Make sure this connector is plugged into the little hole on the edge of the card. Firmly press it in until it clicks. If the connector is in, and you still experience problems, take it to Apple.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
????

Not laptop certified? Are you kidding me? That is poor store management. Apple offers the certification free, the employees just have to take the required classes.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Are you sure it is an Apple store? I have never known an Apple store to not have certification and I've been to about 7 of them in the past couple of years.

Engagebot

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2003
LSU - Baton Rouge
i have great reception with mine, problem is a lot of the time i can connect to the network, but cant get to the internet. extremely annoying on campus.

panther has problems with DHCP assigning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.