Airport cards

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Hester, Apr 16, 2005.

  1. Hester macrumors newbie

    Apr 16, 2005
    Ok, i'm new here, so apologies if i'm posting in the wrong place.

    In my house we have 3 computers, 2 of which are PC desktops, and one g4 1.07ghz i book.

    I have just put wireless networking in the house, and we used a belkin 802.11g wireless router. The PC's work fine, as I used a USB device on them to connect to the router.

    However, I am unsure how to ebanble my mac to also be wireless. I dont think I have an airport card, so here are my question (apologies if its dumb - i really do know nothing)

    Do I need an airport card?

    Do i take it somewhere to get it fitter if I do need one?

    And if I dont need one, then what do I need to make my mac wireless?

    Thanks a lot guys :) help is much appreciated
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

    mad jew

    Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    You'll need an AirPort Extreme card for the iBook. It comes with some pretty easy instructions on how you can fit it yourself too. :)

    Note: Make sure it's an 'Extreme' card, the old 'regular' AirPort cards won't work.

Share This Page