Airport Connection MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Xandan, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Xandan macrumors newbie

Recently my MBP (mid-09) has had issues with airport as it continually loses connection and I have to turn it off and on again in order for it to work again sometimes within seconds of doing so. I would opt for a fresh install but my dvd drive seems to be scratching the dvds and it rendered my Windows XP DVD useless when I tried to install that. So it wouldnt be ideal unless there is a method of doing so without using the dvd drive. I would go to an apple store but.... there arent any around! :(

Any help would be tremendous :)

2. mustangsally82 macrumors member

This probably isn't going to be helpful, but I used to have a similar problem in Tiger.

Is your Network location set to Automatic?

System Preferences > Network > Airport

I have a late 2008 MBP, and I haven't had this problem. But I did with my G4 PowerBook, and making sure the Airport location was set to Automatic fixed it for me. Before, every time my PowerBook went to sleep or screen saver I would have to re-select the AirPort network.

3. celticpride678

It seems like this issue is becoming more and more widespread. I personally have had this issue and still do. Check this Apple Discussion that I started: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2256104

Not sure if it is for your specific Mac notebook, but an Airport Software Update was released yesterday. Check your Software Update for any updates available