Airport connection to WEP issue on MBP.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Auroradd, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Auroradd macrumors newbie

I am running a MBP with OSX 10.4.11. (Yeah, I know, I've been too busy to do the Leopard/Snow Leopard update).

I regularly connect to a WEP wireless network at home, and used to be able to connect to the wireless at work. It's also a WEP enabled network. I have tried many many times to connect, but have had zero luck. It seems like something is preventing the Airport from starting the connection verification.

My usual troubleshooting of closing/opening Airport, deleting the saved connection, renewing the DCHP lease, and even deleting the .plists has had no result. Truly, I'm stuck. I've verified the password is good; my iphone and other laptops can connect without issue.

Help! What am I doing wrong? I really need to be able to send plots and do show advance at work during business hours, so this is really limiting my abilities.

TIA!

2. fehhkk macrumors 6502a

fehhkk

Change your default channel (which is set to 11) to rule out interference. Are there a lot of people with wireless routers around where you live? It's a possibility.

3. warburg macrumors 6502

This is a known problem with the MacBook Pro. Look at the "Communities" setion of the Apple web site. I have been unable to solve it with my two-week old 17" Macbook Pro, despite lengthy phone calls to Apple technical help. I am having a private technician come to my home tomorrow with a variety of routers to try to resolve this. I wonder that there are not more complaints about it on this forum.