Airport connection weirdness

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Kiscokid, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Kiscokid macrumors member

OK for once I am completely at a loss with my mac set up....

I have a powerbook G4 on the same desk as my iMac core 2 duo .... the powerbook boots up and I am straight onto my wireless network with max signal.

I boot up the iMac and for some reason it can no longer find my wireless network (airport express in the same room) but can find about 5 neighbours routers in the area,...it just does not show. All the while the powerbook gets me onto sites with ease (like this one right now)

I have tried 3 reboots but the problem remains...is there any logic in why this is happening??

Any ideas appreciated thanks

2. mac2thefuture macrumors 65816

I was about to make a similar post because i've just discovered that i to have iMac airport issues. I always assumed it was the router and/ my ISP but today through work I brought a lappy home (windows). Both were sat next to each other when i witnessed to all to familiar drop out from my 10 month old 24" iMac. Instantly I tried the windows lappy and it waqs happy to let me surf. Also, and it hurst me to say it, the speed was so much faster on the Toshiba. So, like the thred starter, i too seem to have some airport problems with the iMac - I love my mac, please help me get regular fast connection.......PLEASE:(

3. ccalleri macrumors member

I have the same problem, sorta; my iMac (Intel2Duo) looses the signal quite often...in 'a/b n compatible mode' but my pc laptop has no problem what-so-ever .. what I find works is I have to put the router on N not b/g, but then I can't surf with my laptop (pc)! .. so ya .. does n e one have n e idea what is going on?

4. doobi18 macrumors 6502

hmm

seems weird, but perhaps check the security settings on the airport as for letting different macs join

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

a few people are having airport issues with 10.4.10. for me my macbook pro does not auto connect after a boot. but its still finds my network. i just have to select it from the airport menu and it connects... no dramas.
    you might just have to wait for 10.5 or 10.4.11 for a fix. in the mean time just use ethernet on your imacs. its faster than wireless when sending files over the internet.