Airport dead? Connection lost after 1 hour

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BantV, Jan 5, 2010.

1. BantV macrumors newbie

Hey,

I've tried searching the forums but I'm still in the dark so therefore I'm asking my question here, to you guys.

Since a week or so my Macbook has recently started dropping its internet connection. I can use the it for 1hr or so and then the bars reduce and my connection is suddenly gone even though I have 2 bars left and I'm still connected to the network. The only thing I can do then is wait, wait and wait for my connection to come back. Sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after 5 hours.

I've tried various solutions on my router and Macbook itself:
    • Manual IP address
    • Change security from WEP to WPA2
    • Disable MAC filtering
    • Change key
    • Change channel
    • Disable interfering devices (wireless phone, other laptops, ...)
    • Rebooted
    • Deleted pref files and stored locations
    • Created a new location with only Airport in

Yet I still can't surf proper. Anyone else encountered this issue? It happened all of a sudden whilst I had been surfing for a day or so. Suddenly - after taking a sigarette break and upon returning - my computer went bullocks.

This is no fun and I sincerely hope to find a solution. Does anyone, please, have any ideas on how to solve this?

Thank you very much in advance
    BantV

Macbook 2006
    Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard (latest updates)
    2.0Ghz C2D; 2GB RAM

When my connection is fine I have a transmit rate of 54, when I have 2 bars the transmit rate is 1-6.

2. BantV thread starter macrumors newbie

I've just found this information which may come in handy for people trying to help out:

[​IMG]

3. BantV thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for the triple post but I've bought a Linksys WUSB54GC adapter and now I've got internet back! :)

4. mstrze macrumors 68000

I found that when I had similar issues, a factory restore of my Airport Extreme took care of the problems.