Airport delay after sleep wake.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by yomnym, Jan 5, 2010.

1. yomnym macrumors 6502

yomnym

I've been having some issues when waking my notebook, it takes about 15 secs or so to reconnect to the wifi, it never did that before. Any ideas?

2. paolo- macrumors 6502a

Are you connecting to a different network or was it changed in anyway (some kind of WEP or WPA identification that wasn't there ?) ?

3. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

This actually seems pretty normal to me. The machine needs some time to reconnect to the network after being in a suspended state.

4. yomnym thread starter macrumors 6502

yomnym

Im using the same network and no different security settings have been implemented. I only wonder because it never took that long before, even upon startup now i get a exclamation point and then after 15 to 20 secs it connects. Thanks for your replies.

5. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

6. yomnym thread starter macrumors 6502

yomnym

7. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Is it every time, or just when the Mac has a long sleep (say overnight)? I've noticed that our MB's wifi connection time varies from instant to a few seconds after waking depending on whether it was waking from a light sleep or deep sleep.

One other thing to try is to set your preferred networks. Try deleting networks that you know you won't connect to. Make it so that your primary network is connected first. This might not help, but I think I noticed improvement when I did this. I kinda think that some of the reconnection time is spent going through and loading up all of the networks in the neighborhood.

ft