Airport, disappeared

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Gray-Wolf, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

I used airport at work, then came home. It was off, as I left it at work, I went to turn it on, to started to look for a network, then stopped. I went to click on it again, and it then said no Airport card installed. As it is built in, what would cause it to stop functioning, and then disappear. The macbook is less than a year old. :(

2. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Try restarting. If it's still not there, run Apple Hardware Test (google for instruction). The good news is, it'll be covered by warranty since it's less than a year old.

3. Gray-Wolf thread starter macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Ran the test. First run, showed no errors. Second run, extensive, found only a sata error. Restarted computer, now airport shows back up and is working normally. Weird to say the least. :confused:

4. Gray-Wolf thread starter macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Update

Not sure if any others have run across this issue, but it happened again. Apparently if I turn off airport and restart the computer, it loses airport, and the only way to get it back is to do the apple hardware test, full version. After an hour, it finishes, and I restart the computer. I open airport and turn on, and its back working.

Just a FYI for any others that this happens to.