Airport disk problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jimmyjimmy09, Aug 3, 2011.

1. jimmyjimmy09 macrumors newbie

I have a 500g external usb hdd attached to my airport extreme, I want to move my itunes library over to it and stream over wifi to multiple laptops and pcs , but when I try play any music from it in iTunes it just freezes, the I tunes window doesn't even open, iv tried everything, add folder, add file, change where Itunes looks for its library to no avail

I can browse to it in windows and play songs through windows media player and view pictures copy/read etc files no problem

I though it was a formatting issue so I formatted it to hfs+ which changed nothing

Itunes opens perfectly when I don't try and access the hdd with it, any idea's what could be causing Itunes to not wanna play nice with it ? surely if I used an apple router, apple file system and apple software it wud just work ???

I can add files to windows media players library and they play off the hdd but the performance is very sluggish, if i press skip track the program will freeze for 2 or 3 seconds before the song starts , and I don't wanna use media player to listen to my music

Any idea's wud be helpful

2. jimmyjimmy09 thread starter macrumors newbie