Airport dropping my internet connection

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MVallee, Dec 7, 2008.

1. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

Ok so I have a white MacBook 2Ghz Core 2 Duo, got it in February 2007. I have never had a problem with it at all.

Lately something weird has been happening. I'll be online, and the Airport connection will turn on and off repeatedly. Like it will show all 4 bars, that its at full strength, and then it will show no bars, then 4 again, then none. It switches every second or 2 for a few minutes and then suddenly stops and goes back to working correctly. It sucks because it logs me out of iChat, closes webcam conversations, stops downloads etc. I dunno why it is doing this or how to stop it.

Is there something wrong with my Macbook, or could it be my router? I have never experienced it anywhere other than on my home network, but I do spend most of my computer time here so, i dunno.

HELP!!!! Thanks

2. agurlnamedgoo macrumors member

Wow I would be pisssseddddddd.
    Have you tried, when it starts doing that, turning airport off, waiting 30 seconds, and then turning it back on?
    Also, how often do you reboot?

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Yeah this has kind of been happening to me, except my airport status in the menu bar doesn't change, I just don't get any internet activity.

However, I have noticed that if I shut down when I go to bed instead of just closing the lid and letting it sleep, my computer doesn't do it as often, and it is a lot more stable.

Hope that helps out.