Airport Express 5Ghz not working?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by chrisrosemusic1, May 13, 2013.

1. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

Hey guys,

I've had an Airport Express for a few months now and after initial hiccups it's been working just fine since March, however today the 5Ghz mode just doesn't work. Connection continuously times out or takes forever to load, or just drops out entirely...

Any ideas? Have reset/updated the Airport settings in an effort to kick start it. I should also add that using the usual 2.4Ghz channel works absolutely fine.

2. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

Is this happening with more than one device?

I guess my first suggestion would be to reset the Airport Express - but you've already done that.

Did you restore the Airport to factory settings? If not, I would try that. Set the Airport up as a new device and use a new SSID name.

Other than that, it may be a hardware problem. You sound as if you're still under warranty.

3. chrisrosemusic1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

Thanks for the reply. I reset it a couple more times, then disabled and re enabled 5G and it seems to be ok again for the moment. And yes, 8 months + left on warranty so I'll see if it happens again and return it if need be.

4. opinio macrumors 65816

You could try manually setting the band in e 5ghz range in stead of the default auto. It might be conflicting wi some other devices in the band.