Airport Express 802.11g update to 802.11n??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DjHz, Jun 4, 2007.

  1. DjHz macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2007
    #1
    I am going to be spending six weeks in a hotel room in malaysia. So i was wondering if the current one is worth buying. Is see the price has gone down, so is it going to be updated? Will there be a 802.11n enabled one? Should i save my money and wait to see if they release something during WWDC?
     
  2. nicolasmasset macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 25, 2007
    Location:
    Belgium
    #3
    Umm, I think he's talking about airport express...
     
  3. Mord macrumors G4

    Mord

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2003
    Location:
    UK
    #4
    They're fairly cheap these days, just pick one up.

    Personally I'm waiting on an n version as my last express blew (went pop and stopped working), until then I'm using my cube as a base station running ad-hoc.
     
  4. iW00t macrumors 68040

    iW00t

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Location:
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    #5
    Oops.. time to edit a post.

    Read it as Airport Extreme.
     
  5. yzp macrumors regular

    yzp

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2007
    Location:
    Quebec
    #6
    If I got a B-routeur?

    with computers that are G-compatible, should I change it to a linsys-N?

    does it is worth?
     
  6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

    flopticalcube

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2006
    Location:
    In the velcro closure of America's Hat
    #7
    What will you be doing in the hotel room? If you are surfing the net and listening to Airtunes, the g should be more than enough.
     
  7. flopticalcube macrumors G4

    flopticalcube

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2006
    Location:
    In the velcro closure of America's Hat
    #8
    You should get at least a g router. You could get an n router but if your computers only have g equipment you won't get any extra speed from the router.
     
  8. DjHz thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2007
    #9
    I have a MBP, so all i need is to pay the lousy 2$ :rolleyes:

    Thanks for the advice, i have decided to see what's released during the next few weeks. And if I don't see an update, i will just go ahead and buy one.
     
  9. yzp macrumors regular

    yzp

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2007
    Location:
    Quebec
    #10
    yeah sure, but the future? hihihi an N will last longer, cause its more evolved...
     
  10. flopticalcube macrumors G4

    flopticalcube

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2006
    Location:
    In the velcro closure of America's Hat
    #11
    You are the one who asked. Looks like you have made your mind up already. Go buy an n then. At $100 or so, I wouldn't worry too much about "the future".
     

Share This Page